Bone and sinus expanders
For clinical situations where bone tissue is deficient, ZIACOM® has designed the EXPANDER KIT, which is used to increase bone volume and quality by compressing and expanding the bone cortices.
ZIACOM® EXPANDERS have a threaded morphology that will facilitate their use with maximum precision and control, producing functional stimuli that favourably modify bone density.
Recommendations for use
Expanders are indicated to correct bone defects, since their use as a complementary technique to the placement of dental implants, will increase the volume and bone density allowing the correct three-dimensional placement of dental implants. Bone expanders can be used to achieve
From a surgical bed, the bone crest is gradually expanded, creating sufficient space for the placement of implants.
Its use will compress the bone surrounding the sinus membrane, which will raise the floor of the maxillary sinus in an atraumatic way, allowing the placement of longer implants.
- Simple surgical protocol.
- More conservative technique, as the bone is not removed by drilling, but compressed laterally.
- Compaction of bone around the implant which favors osseointegration.
- Precision and control at the moment of the insertion of the implant.
- Reduce the use of burs.
- When the expanders are inserted in a threaded way, a bleeding is produced that will favor the osseointegration.
- They can be used for the placement of different dental implant systems.
Instructions for use
- Bone expansion for the placement of single and multiple continuous implants (1)
- Transcrestal sinus lift (2)
- Expansion of the crests in bone type II, III and IV (3)
- Bone expansion in bone type I in combination with conventional drill system (3)
(1) Expansion of bone ridges of minimum 3.00 mm in diameter, 8.50 mm in length and maximum 6.00 mm in width and 13 mm in length.
(2) Elevation of the sinus membrane to a maximum of 4.00 mm, having a minimum bone crest of 5.00 mm
(3) Bone density classification according to Lekholm and Zarb (1985).